Thanksgiving is next week! We are looking forward to family, friends, food and fun! Now’s the time, if you haven’t done so already, to start your Turkey Day outfit planning. Whether you’re hosting a super-casual Friendsgiving and want to make a statement or you’re looking for something cute and cozy to wear at your family gathering, the perfect Thanksgiving look always blends comfort and style. Because we all love an extra slice of pumpkin pie! We enlisted the help of our FDF Stylists to create a style guide of their favorite looks for Thanksgiving. Scroll on to feast your eyes on Thanksgiving outfit suggestions.
At Front Door Fashion we recognize that every customer has her own preferences when it comes to style, fit, design and fabrication. Some of our customers choose to wear only the four natural fabrics (cotton, linen [from the flax plant], wool, and silk) while others are more than fine with synthetics like rayon, modal, spandex, and nylon. When it comes to leather and suede we have faux and real options for our customers who choose one or the other, or both.
The quality of faux leather has improved vastly in the last several years to the point that it is difficult sometimes to distinguish faux from real. Faux leather used to have a negative stigma until Stella McCartney popularized the term “vegan leather.” Whether you share Stella’s viewpoint as more of a conscious connoisseur, or you appreciate and prefer the quality of ethically sourced leather, we’ve got options for everyone. Scroll on to see two Los Angeles-based brands, My Tribe and ASTARS. Both offer gorgeous faux and real leather clothing that we are using to create one-of-a- kind outfits for our one-of-a-kind customers.
For this month’s feature of Created by Women for Women we are pleased to introduce your to two fabulous Texas-based jewelry brands. Both Catherine Page and Sarah Briggs are woman-owned jewelry companies. Each designer offers handcrafted pieces that celebrate their unique creative prospective. Scroll on to read about the women behind the jewelry!
Catherine Page says that while she grew up in a small town with little artistic encouragement she is and always has been “filled to the brim with creative energy.” She hopes that her jewelry reflects “the shimmer of truth of who you are” and causes “your inner and outer self to match.” Catherine, who earned her Masters in Medieval Art History, says that her love of history and art is “the wellspring from which the jewelry gets its depth and soul.”
We fell in love with Catherine Page pieces that featured charms made from original lead Chanel hardware recast and repurposed in white bronze with a 22K gold overlay. Catherine, true to her love of using vintage materials, purchased these Chanel pieces in New York when the iconic fashion house retired them. Now it is new again in luxurious jewelry that is steeped in tradition and fresh at the same time.
Catherine Page uses gold, bronze, silver and various gemstones in her jewelry construction to create a truly unique collection that we are proud to carry at Front Door Fashion.
It is sweater weather in most of the country (even Dallas!). We love to style all kinds of sweaters from slim turtlenecks to chunky dusters and everything in between, but nothing feels as soft and luxurious as cashmere. It is definitely an investment, but one we believe in because of the quality. If you want to learn more about cashmere and why it is as soft as it is and the factors that drive the cost, read more below!
The object of cultish adoration, Ecru has been universally hailed as makers of the world’s best fitting pants by retailers and consumers nationwide. Every season, Ecru studies the performance of their products with relentless attention to clients’ feedback and then they start again in pursuit of perfection. Their main goal when creating each collection is to allow the stylish and discerning women who wear Ecru to move effortlessly from the office to dinner, to the weekend, to a party, to vacation. Scroll on to learn more about why you need these pants in your wardrobe and how to style them!
- Our stylists are #stayingsafe at home and also staying stylish! We love how cute sanfordstandard and her mom are in… https://t.co/hnnvOzAy0m33 days ago
- Maximize Your Wardrobe with these 7 Style Hacks https://t.co/zODuhFn6KV #stylehacks #subscriptionbox63 days ago
- Raise your hand if you miss getting dressed up for work?♀️#wfh #workingremotely #officeoutfitidea… https://t.co/I0V4r8dmwg65 days ago
- A little stir-crazy? We've got the perfect at home project up on the blog! #ontheblog #closetorganization https://t.co/RCUMlISEqe70 days ago
- Love what you see but are staying close to home? Don’t forget our services include free shipping both ways! #home… https://t.co/9K8EEtuMWb70 days ago
- Is your wardrobe poolside ready? We've got the light-as-air layers and washes you need to make a splash in style … https://t.co/B7Wf7eimfn87 days ago
- Girl crush @priyankachopra in springs biggest trend: head-to-toe polka dots Get the look when you ask for this ex… https://t.co/6naqNLAuiI100 days ago
- These lungs!!! https://t.co/UMlFMOIXvW100 days ago
- Kids! https://t.co/DlZPE5Agg7100 days ago
- The cutest spring style, delivered. #subboxlove #springlayers #midilove https://t.co/Jsow0d8NoV100 days ago