Getting Back to Basics
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Posted in: Style Guide, Stylist Tips
For most, January is a month to reset and refocus. Here at Front Door Fashion, we think the same can and should be applied to your closet. A wardrobe cleanse is great opportunity to remove unnecessary clutter and make way for key, versatile pieces. Trends will come and go, but quality essentials can truly last a lifetime. Today, our stylist Shera S., is going over some of the essential basics you’ll need for your new year closet refresh. With these items, you’ll never have to worry about “not having anything to wear.”
1. The light-weight knit: A highly versatile 9-5 option. A light enough knit can be worn over a button up and tucked into your office midi skirts and trousers.
2. High rise denim: A high-rise fit is universally flattering. We recommend a light wash rinse as it’s a great transitional piece. A lighter shade will brighten up your winter wardrobe and carry you into the spring/summer months.
3. The black blazer: Versatile, cool, and can be worn any day of the year. We call that a win, win, win. An obvious 9-5 wear, but can be paired with a graphic tee and distressed denim for a trendy night out look.
4. Little Black Dress: Our recommended silhouette? The wrap dress! The timeless dress is flattering for all body types. It’s also a piece that can be worn from desk to drinks with ease!
5. Moto jacket: The moto is one of the most versatile jackets, as it works in both dress and casual occasions. Find three fresh ways to wear the staple jacket here.
6. Neutral T-shirt: Really no explanation needed, as it is the true hero of all the basics in your closet. We suggest you own at least 3 of them.
What are some of your favorite essential pieces to own? We’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Ready to introduce these key pieces to your wardrobe? Reach out to your stylist today!