Looking to cut back on shopping this year? It’s easier than it sounds! Browsing what you already own can help you rediscover old favorites and cut down on clutter. Here are seven style hacks to maximize your wardrobe.
- Organize your closet – Keeping your closet organized and tidy will give you clear visibility to the items you own and make looking through them a breeze. Keeping an organized closet will save you both time and space! Need some help? Read our blog post on closet organization!
- Source outfit inspiration – Find new and creative ways to mix and match your current pieces. Your Front Door Fashion stylist is the perfect person to help with this. You can also follow our social channels for daily outfit inspo and ideas! We post outfit inspiration regularly to our Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook pages!
- Make an outfit list – Start by taking inventory of your closet and use the outfit inspiration you’ve gathered! Create potential outfits and write them down on a piece of paper. Doing so will help alleviate early morning panic. Finding some holes in your wardrobe? Let your Front Door Fashion stylist know and she can help fill in the gaps.
- Fix damaged pieces – Coats missing buttons? Pants with busted inseams? Now is the perfect opportunity to revive the pieces that have been out of rotation due to minor setbacks. Bringing them back into the mix can mean additional outfit opportunities.
- Make a trip to the tailor – Purchased a pair of trousers that are too long or a dress that is a little too big because it was on sale? Make use of the pieces by taking them to your local tailor. Tailoring is relatively inexpensive and much less expensive than buying new clothes.
- De-wrinkle – With more free time than we know what to do with right now (thank you, coronavirus), it is the perfect opportunity to tackle the wrinkled pieces you’ve been avoiding. Set aside 15 min to iron and steam your high-maintenance items. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Utilize Front Door Fashion – Our expert stylists can help provide creative solutions to pieces you already own, fill wardrobe gaps where needed, and help create head-to-toe looks. Plus, each box is styled to maximize ways to wear each piece so you can get the most mileage of the pieces you purchase.
We hope these strategies offer you fresh ideas on how to maximize your wardrobe! Have tips of your own? We’d love to hear from you in the comment section below!